Team Manager Vacancy – Falkirk
We need a team manager for our Falkirk team.
This opportunity would suit a team manager who has previous experience leading a team, preferably a support service one, or an assistant team manager who is ready to take on greater responsibility.
The purpose of the role of team manager is to provide leadership and guidance to our teams of support workers who support adults with learning disabilities and other support needs, working in people’s homes or accompanying them when they go out.
- Salary: £24,545 – £25,806 per annum pro-rata (based on 39 hour work week)
- Hours: 20-25 per week
- Sleepover Payment of £74.40 per night
- Location: Falkirk
The team manager has overall responsibility for team management, staff performance and quality of service standards within the team. The right candidate will be someone who can build on the existing relationships we have with the people we support and who embodies the Action Group’s values of inclusion and opportunity for all.
Exceptional organisational skills and the ability to juggle conflicting priorities are essential, and your attention to detail will be second to none. You will work closely with the Development Managers to ensure a consistent and high quality service delivery; and lead by example to maintain a positive and empowering ethos within the team.
Some of the essential criteria for this role are:
- Previous experience of staff management, ideally from within the social care sector
- At least two years’ experience of providing person-centred services to individuals who have support needs
- An SVQ 2 in Social Care or equivalent qualification
- The capacity to complete a SVQ 3 in Social Care within 12 months of taking the post
For a full list of the criteria, please read the job description and person specification.
- 24/7 employee assistance programme, with access to free legal advice and counselling
- Good annual leave entitlements
- Ongoing support, training and development opportunities
- TAG Rewards – our exclusive discounts and savings programme
- Travel time payable where applicable
- Mileage allowance where applicable
The application closing date for this position is Monday, 28 June at 09:00.
If you have any questions before you apply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note we are only able to get in touch with successful candidates.
We are a Disability Confident Employer
This means we particularly welcome applications from disabled candidates, who will be invited to interview if they meet the minimum criteria for the job. If you feel that you fit this criteria, then please make us aware of this in writing when you apply.
Some posts are covered by exemptions listed in schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010.
We value the privacy of our job applicants. To find out more, please read our privacy statement.