Team Manager in Edinburgh
We have a rare opportunity for a motivated, enthusiastic and experienced Team Manager to join our Edinburgh teams! Applications are also welcome from Assistant Team Managers or experienced support workers with real desire to progress their careers in social care.
- Location: Edinburgh.
- Salary: £24,545 – £25,806 per annum.
- Full-time (39 hours per week).
Our managers must be creative, hardworking, and committed to breaking down barriers to enable people with a variety of support needs to live fulfilling and independent lives. The purpose of the role of Team Manager is to provide leadership and guidance to our teams of Support Workers who provide person-centred support to adults and children with learning disabilities and other support needs.
You will manage large services, and whilst some aspects of team leadership will be delegated to the Assistant Team Managers, you will retain overall responsibility for team management, staff performance and quality of service standards.
Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to juggle conflicting priorities are essential, and your attention to detail will be second to none. You will work closely with the Development Managers to ensure a consistent and high quality service delivery; and lead by example to maintain a positive and empowering ethos within the team.
Some of the essential criteria for this role are:
- Previous experience of staff management, ideally from within the social care sector
- At least two years’ experience of providing person-centred services to individuals who have support needs
- An SVQ 2 in Social Care or equivalent qualification
- The ability and be prepared to complete a SVQ 3 in Social Care within 12 months of taking the post
- Travel time payable where applicable
- Mileage allowance where applicable
- 24/7 employee assistance programme, with access to free legal advice and counselling
- TAG Rewards – our exclusive discounts and savings programme
- Good annual leave entitlements
- Ongoing support, training and development opportunities
The closing date for this post is 9:00am on Monday 4 November.
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with the HR department on email@example.com.
Please note we are only able to get in touch with successful candidates.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
The Action Group is an Investors in People Gold Award winning organisation, and we demonstrate our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion by being a Disability Confident Leader and a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion.
Disability Confident Leader
We particularly welcome applications from disabled candidates, who will be invited to interview if they meet the minimum criteria for the job. If you feel that you fit this criteria, then please make us aware of this in writing when you apply.
Stonewall Diversity Champion
To ensure our workforce reflects the diversity of our clients as well as the communities in which we live and work, we encourage and welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, sexual orientation and gender identity. We are an organization which values people of all faiths, religions, disabilities, ages and ethnicities and believe our differences are our strengths.
Some posts are covered by exemptions listed in schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010.
We value the privacy of our job applicants. To find out more, please read our privacy statement.