Team Manager in East Lothian
We have an exciting opportunity for a team manager to head up a brand-new team in Musselburgh! This opportunity would suit a team manager who has previous experience leading a team, preferably in a support service, or an assistant team manager who is ready to take on greater responsibility.
For this exciting time in people’s lives, we need someone who can help lead a team to success in supporting our service users through the transition and enable them to get the best possible start in their tenancy.
We have a new team dedicated to supporting individuals getting into their first home.
The purpose of the role of team manager is to provide leadership and guidance to our teams of support workers who provide person-centred support to adults with learning disabilities and other support needs, working in service users’ homes or accompanying them when they go out.
- Location: Musselburgh, Portobello, and Joppa areas.
- Salary: £24,545 – £25,806 per annum
- Full-time (39 hours per week).
The team manager has overall responsibility for team management, staff performance and quality of service standards within the team.
Exceptional organisational skills and the ability to juggle conflicting priorities are essential, and your attention to detail will be second to none. You will work closely with the Development Managers to ensure a consistent and high-quality service delivery; and lead by example to maintain a positive and empowering ethos within the team.
Some of the essential criteria for this role are:
- Previous experience of staff management, ideally from within the social care sector.
- Candidates must have an understanding of PBS (positive behaviour support).
- At least two years’ experience of providing person-centred services to individuals who have support needs.
- An SVQ 2 in Social Care or equivalent qualification.
- The capacity to complete an SVQ 3 in Social Care within 12 months of taking the post.
- Travel time payable where applicable
- Mileage allowance where applicable
- 24/7 employee assistance programme, with access to free legal advice and counselling
- TAG Rewards – our exclusive discounts and savings programme
- Good annual leave entitlements
- Ongoing support, training and development opportunities
The closing date for this post is 9:00am on Wednesday 4 November 2020.
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with the HR department on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note we are only able to get in touch with successful candidates.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
The Action Group is an Investors in People Gold Award winning organisation, and we demonstrate our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion by being a Disability Confident Leader and a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion.
Disability Confident Leader
We particularly welcome applications from disabled candidates, who will be invited to interview if they meet the minimum criteria for the job. If you feel that you fit this criteria, then please make us aware of this in writing when you apply.
Stonewall Diversity Champion
To ensure our workforce reflects the diversity of our clients as well as the communities in which we live and work, we encourage and welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, sexual orientation and gender identity. We are an organization which values people of all faiths, religions, disabilities, ages and ethnicities and believe our differences are our strengths.
Some posts are covered by exemptions listed in schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010.
We value the privacy of our job applicants. To find out more, please read our privacy statement.