Support worker in West Lothian
We are looking for positive, fun, reliable and enthusiastic support workers who can drive and who are committed to breaking down barriers for people with additional support needs in West Lothian.
Having a driving licence is required, and your own transport would be an advantage
We are looking for people who are caring, fun, motivated, creative and great at problem solving. The people we support want Support Workers who are friendly, practically minded and are great communicators.
Support Workers help people with a variety of tasks and activities including the following:
- Maintaining their tenancies
- Shopping and general household tasks
- Being part of a community
- Keeping track of money
- Managing medication
- Staying healthy
Shifts are varied and include day shifts, early mornings, evenings, weekend shifts and sleepovers, and may include providing support to service users in various parts of West Lothian, but we aim to have people work in their local communities where possible. Full-time, part-time and casual positions are available.
- Full-time or part-time
- £18,252 – £19,063 per annum, pro rata (based on 39 hour work week)
- Casual hourly rate: £9.00 per hour
- Sleepover payment of £72. Sleepovers are not counted as part of your contracted hours, and are paid in addition to your regular salary
Candidates must be great communicators and problem solvers, and be fully committed to the Action Group’s values of equality, inclusion and opportunity for all. Many of our support workers go on to complete formal qualifications in social care as they develop their professional skills.
- 24/7 employee assistance programme, with access to free legal advice and counselling
- Good annual leave entitlements
- Ongoing support, training and development opportunities
- TAG Rewards – our exclusive discounts and savings programme
- Travel time payable where applicable
- Mileage allowance where applicable
Do you have questions before applying? Call us on 0131 475 2342 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application closing date for this position is Monday, 2 December 2019 at 09:00.
You can also download the application form. Please send your completed application, self-declaration and equal opportunities form to email@example.com. If you prefer to complete a paper form, get in touch and we would be happy to send one to you in the post.
You can send your completed application, self-declaration and equal opportunities form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are a Disability Confident Employer
This means we particularly welcome applications from disabled candidates, who will be invited to interview if they meet the minimum criteria for the job. If you feel that you fit this criteria, then please make us aware of this in writing when you apply.
Some posts are covered by exemptions listed in schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010.
We value the privacy of our job applicants. To find out more, please read our privacy statement.