Support worker in West Lothian
We are looking for positive, fun, reliable and enthusiastic support workers who can drive and who are committed to breaking down barriers for people with additional support needs in West Lothian.
We are looking for people who are caring, fun, motivated, creative and great at problem solving. The people we support want Support Workers who are friendly, practically minded and are great communicators.
- Location: West Lothian
- Salary: £9.30 – £9.73 per hour
- Hours: Part time – please specify your ideal number of hours in your application.
- Sleepover payment of £74.40. Sleepovers are not counted as part of your contracted hours, and are paid in addition to your regular salary.
- Essential: due to the geographical area, drivers are required.
Support Workers help people with a variety of tasks and activities including the following:
- Maintaining their tenancies
- Shopping and general household tasks
- Being part of a community
- Keeping track of money
- Managing medication
- Staying healthy
Shifts are varied and include day shifts, early mornings, evenings, weekend shifts and sleepovers, and may include work in various parts of West Lothian, but we aim to have people work in their local communities where possible. Full-time, part-time and casual positions are available. Having a driving licence is required, and your own transport would be an advantage.
The right candidate will share the Action Group’s values of inclusion and equality and will have a person-centred approach to providing support. No experience or qualification is necessary as paid training is provided.
- Travel time payable where applicable
- Mileage allowance where applicable
- 24/7 employee assistance programme, with access to free legal advice and counselling
- TAG Rewards – our exclusive discounts and savings programme
- Good annual leave entitlements
- Ongoing support, training and development opportunities
You can also download the application form in MS Word format if you prefer.
The closing date for this post is Monday, 31 May 2021 at 09:00.
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with the HR department on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note we are only able to get in touch with successful candidates.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
The Action Group is an Investors in People Gold Award winning organisation, and we demonstrate our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion by being a Disability Confident Leader and a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion.
Disability Confident Leader
We particularly welcome applications from disabled candidates, who will be invited to interview if they meet the minimum criteria for the job. If you feel that you fit this criteria, then please make us aware of this in writing when you apply.
Stonewall Diversity Champion
To ensure our workforce reflects the diversity of our clients as well as the communities in which we live and work, we encourage and welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, sexual orientation and gender identity. We are an organization which values people of all faiths, religions, disabilities, ages and ethnicities and believe our differences are our strengths.
Some posts are covered by exemptions listed in schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010.
We value the privacy of our job applicants. To find out more, please read our privacy statement.