Tell us your views

You can raise a concern or complaint, or tell us something good about your service, by using this form, or emailing us on Or you can call the office on 0131 475 2315.

How to complain about your service

Below is a list of frequently asked questions about complaints.

What is a complaint?

A complaint is when you tell us you are unhappy with your service and you want something to change.

Do you have to make the complaint yourself?

No. You can ask someone to make a complaint for you. This could be a family member, friend, advocate or even your support worker.

How do I make a complaint?

The complaint can be made to your Team Manager. You (or your representative) can do this in person, over the phone, by letter or by email. We call this an informal complaint.

What happens after I make a complaint?

Your Team Manager will speak to you about your complaint within 1 week. It your Team Manager has not been able to fix the problem within 1 week, they will let you know how long they think it will take.

Hopefully, your Team Manager will be able to resolve the issue for you.

What if I am unhappy about my complaint has been dealt with?

Most complaints can be dealt with by the Team Manager. If you don’t think your Team Manager has resolved your complaint, you can make a formal complaint.

What is a formal complaint?

A formal complaint is a complaint that is dealt with by Robert (The Action Group Chief Executive). You can phone Robert, write to him, or send him an email.

Robert will ask a member of the Quality Team, or another manager, to look into the issue for him. Robert will get back to you within 3 weeks.

If Robert thinks it will take longer than 3 weeks, we will get in touch and explain the reasons why.

What if I am still unhappy?

If you are still unhappy about the formal complaint, you can ask for Board of Directors to see your complaint. They will try and get back to you within 3 weeks.

Can I speak to anyone else about my complaint?

Yes! If you receive a Support Service from The Action Group you can speak to the Care Inspectorate, Mental Welfare Commission or Social Work department for your area.

Other places that can help with complaints

There are other organisations you can go to if you are not happy with the way we have dealt with a complaint.

The Care Inspectorate

Stuart House
Musselburgh EH21 7PB

Tel: 0845 600 9527

Scottish Social Services Council

Compass House
11 Riverside Drive
Dundee DD1 4NY

Tel: 0845 600 9527

Mental Welfare
Commission for Scotland

Thistle House
91 Haymarket Terrace
Edinburgh EH12 5HE

Tel: 0800 389 6809

Start typing and press Enter to search