Support Worker – Edinburgh
Our support workers to provide individual support for people with learning disabilities and other support needs in various locations across Edinburgh. The Action Group is currently recruiting full-time and part-time support workers for our teams in the city.
Do you want to make a real difference in the lives of individual people in your community?
We need support workers to work full-time or part time in various services across Edinburgh, including Leith, Craigmillar, Seafield and Liberton. No experience is required as paid training is provided.
- We have full-time, part-time and casual vacancies available.
- £20,376 – £21,189* per annum, pro rata and based on 39-hour work week (*these apply from 1 December 2021).
- Casual hourly rate: £10.02* per hour (*this applies from 1 December 2021).
- Sleepover payment of £80.16* (*this applies from 1 December 2021). Sleepovers are not counted as part of your contracted hours, and are paid in addition to your regular salary.
We are looking for people who are caring, fun, motivated, creative and great at problem solving. The people we support want workers who are friendly, practically minded and are great communicators. The ideal candidate will be fully committed to The Action Group’s values of equality, inclusion and opportunity for all. Many of our support workers go on to complete formal qualifications in social care as they develop their professional skills.
Our support workers work with people who have learning disabilities, autism or other support needs, helping them people with a variety of tasks and activities including the following:
- Maintaining their tenancies
- Shopping and general household tasks
- Being part of a community
- Keeping track of money
- Managing medication
- Staying healthy
Shifts are varied and include day shifts, early mornings, evenings, weekend shifts and sleepovers, and may include work in various parts of Edinburgh, but we aim to have people work in their local communities where possible.
- 24/7 employee assistance programme, with access to free legal advice and counselling
- Good annual leave entitlements
- Ongoing support, training and development opportunities
- TAG Rewards – our exclusive discounts and savings programme
- Travel time payable where applicable
- Mileage allowance where applicable
Please note we are only able to get in touch with successful candidates
The application closing date for this position is Monday, 13 December 2021 at 09:00.
Do you have questions before applying? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
The Action Group is an Investors in People Platinum Award winning organisation, and we demonstrate our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion by being a Disability Confident Leader and a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion.
Disability Confident Leader
We particularly welcome applications from disabled candidates, who will be invited to interview if they meet the minimum criteria for the job. If you feel that you fit this criteria, then please make us aware of this in writing when you apply.
Stonewall Diversity Champion
To ensure our workforce reflects the diversity of our clients as well as the communities in which we live and work, we encourage and welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, sexual orientation and gender identity. We are an organization which values people of all faiths, religions, disabilities, ages and ethnicities and believe our differences are our strengths. For more information, please contact our Equality Network: email@example.com.
Some posts are covered by exemptions listed in schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010.
We value the privacy of our job applicants. To find out more, please read our privacy statement.